What is the world like to me?
Read to find out (:
Read to find out (:
|
posted : Monday, March 2, 2009
title : Lets fast!
2nd day back at KL Feels weird ehh No pap and mom's cooking No sisters crazy get-together A new semester awaits! And yes it is 7.13 in the morning I just ate a VERY full breakfast One which I should not have taken Bloated ~.~ What am I this lazy pig doing up so early you say? Ahhh yes this is the period THE period The fast all Bahai's have been waiting for RIGHT? xD So why do we fast? Because I am a Bahai < Ai Chee said ;D "The fasting period, which lasts nineteen days starting as a rule from the second of March every year and ending on the twentieth of the same month, involves complete abstention from food and drink from sunrise till sunset. It is essentially a period of meditation and prayer, of spiritual recuperation, during which the believer must strive to make the necessary readjustments in his inner life, and to refresh and reinvigorate the spiritual forces latent in his soul. Its significance and purpose are, therefore, fundamentally spiritual in character. Fasting is symbolic, and a reminder of abstinence from selfish and carnal desires." And so the fast begins! First day today First time fasting alone ;O Wishing all fellow Bahai's a Happy Fasting (: |