Sing Min
What is the world like to me?
Read to find out (:




posted : Saturday, July 12, 2008
title : Oral test
We were given pair-work. So I teamed up with my friend Pui Kuan. This is how our dialogue went :)

Min : Hey Pui Kuan, how have you been?

Kuan : I have been fine. Its been quite some time since I saw you. How are you?
Min : I've been quite busy with assignments and co-curriculum's.
Kuan : Me too! That's why I'm glad that I'm staying at the hostel.
Min : Really? But I feel otherwise. I prefer to share a rented house with my friends.
Kuan : Why do you say so?
Min : Well, like I said before I have a lot of assignments. As I am required to draw I need to get ideas online. Who knows the wireless signal is so weak and I keep getting disconnected. Not only that, I have to pay RM58 per month for such a lousy line! If I'm renting a house outside I can get fixed line which is faster and I can finish my assignments on time.
Kuan : Oh, I heard that from my friends as well. However, I only go to the hostel cyber cafe so I don't know about that.
Min : I see, but the CC is worse! And its too expensive for such a slow connection.
Kuan : Actually, the hostel is not that bad. Leaving aside the lousy wireless, there is washing machine provided for us.
Min : Talking about that makes me more angry! We have to pay RM3 per wash. I rather spend it on food! You know once, I wanted to wash my clothes and carried the whole basket up to the third floor to find a notice "Out of Order"!
Kuan : Oh that's unlucky of you! I think RM3 is quite reasonable. Other than that, the food is quite nice too. Like the Nasi Lemak which cost only RM1.20 at the Malay canteen.
Min : Nice? The Nasi Lemak; Lemak is (_____) this much! And the Nasi? (_) this much!
Kuan : If you don't like the Malay food then there is the Chinese canteen with fried rice.
Min : The food there is expensive and way too salty. I don't want to go bald at the age of 30!
Kuan : All right. But at least the classes are at walking distance.
Min : That's true. But I still prefer to share a rented house with my friends. We are planning to move out next semester.
Kuan : I see. Then i wish you the best of luck.
Min : You too! I hope you don't go bald at the age of 30!

Enjoyed it? No? Well I love it :P
It helped me score marks :D
People! I gotta cut down on my expenses.
Found out I have been using quite a lot.
But its KL isn't it?
Trying to cut down on expenses!
Formal wear, books, art materials costs most!
And also this lousy wireless like i mentioned above :P
It's not that bad really but sometimes it can be so frustrating.
Okay no more stepping on poor hostel.
At least I have a place to sleep :D